Gateway Online recently published an article on the Top 5 reasons to keep your cat from roaming at large. It’s very succinct, so we wanted to share it with you. If you’d like more details on each point, click the link below to read the entire piece.
1. Less time roaming means more time with you.
2. You love your cat, your neighbors may not.
3. Your cat is a threat to the environment…
4. …and the environment is a threat to your cat.
5. If they get lost, they may not come back.
“1 in 4 lost cats are never reunited with their owners for a number of reasons. Some are picked up by animal rescue organizations and adopted out if they lack ID. Others may simply find new homes on their own. But given how dangerous the world can be for cats, many of those permanently lost will likely end up dead. So don’t let out any cats you’re not willing to lose.”