Keep Cats Safe & Save Bird Lives in Guelph is an initiative led by Nature Canada, the oldest conservation charity in the country. Over the past 75 years, Nature Canada has helped protect over 63 million acres of parks and wildlife areas in Canada and the countless species that depend on this habitat. Today, we represent a network of over 45,000 members & supporters and more than 350 nature organizations in every province across Canada.
Our community partners include the Guelph Humane Society, the Guelph Cat Population Task Force, the University of Guelph Arboretum, Nature Guelph, Wild Ontario, Songbird Only Avian Rehabilitation and Wild Birds Unlimited.
We are dedicated to celebrating the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and aim to increase public awareness of the impact on both cats and birds of the common practice of letting cats roam unsupervised outdoors.
By volunteering you can:
• Share your passion for cats, birds, nature and the environment
• Learn and gain practical experience
• Make a difference in your community
If you’re interested in one of the current opportunities listed below, contact us at email@example.com.
Have a cat tale? A bird’s eye view? We’re looking for volunteer guest bloggers to write about their perspective on the issues of cats and birds in Guelph. If you’ve got an idea for a blog (300‐500 words), email us at the above address.
We need passionate advocates to promote Keep Cats Safe & Save Bird Lives in Guelph! Activities will depend on your interests and the time you have available and could include:
• Community outreach tables at local events
• Distributing brochures to neighbours and in local businesses, animal shelters, pet stores, etc;
• Encouraging organizations (local conservation clubs, wildlife rehab centres, animal shelters & rescue organizations) to join our campaign as partners;
• Pitching your local paper to do an article about cats and birds, or write a letter to the editor;
• Give presentations at events or clubs about the importance of keeping cats safe & saving bird lives.
We will supply all the materials as well as a volunteer ‘kit’ to give you helpful information on how to help Keep Cats Safe & Save Bird Lives.